TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. Please print a copy of these Terms and Conditions and retain for future reference.
- The Promoter: United Biscuits (UK) Limited trading as Pladis, Building 3, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, Chiswick, London W4 5YA (please do not send any correspondence to this address). (“Promoter”).
Eligibility: Entry is open to residents of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), entrants must be aged 18 or over. The following are excluded from entry:
- Directors, management and employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies.
- Employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter, employees of FremantleMedia (Britain’s Got Talent/America’s Got Talent) or any third parties who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; and
- Members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- Requirements: Entrants must have internet access, smartphone and an email address. Purchase necessary except for Northern Ireland see Clause 7.
Promotional Period: The Promotion opens 00:01 on 07/03/2022 and the close date is 23:59 31/12/2022 (the “Closing Date”). There are four draws in total across the promotional period to win prizes for Britain’s Got Talent (“BGT”) promotion:
Open Closes Draw Date No. Prizes Prizes Draw One 07/03/2022 31/03/2022 04/04/2022 15 Pairs of Tickets to BGT Dress Rehearsals 110 Pairs of Personalised BGT Mugs Draw Two 01/04/2022 09/05/2022 12/05/2022 35 Pairs of Tickets to BGT Final 65 Pairs of Tickets to BGT Semi-Final 110 Pairs of Personalised BGT Mugs Draw Three 10/05/2022 15/07/2022 18/07/2022 1 Trip for two to America's Got Talent 110 Pairs of Personalised BGT Mugs Mop up Draw 16/07/2022 31/12/2022 04/01/2023 20 Pairs of Personalised BGT Mugs
Entry Instructions: The Promotion is limited to a maximum of one entry per smartphone number and email address per day and a maximum of ten entries per smartphone number and email address per draw. To enter:
- You must purchase a promotional McVitie’s product (see clause 6 for full list) within the Promotional Period. Each entry must be supported by a separate purchase and confirmed by an original till receipt. Retain your original itemised till receipt for each entry.
- Following your purchase, scan QR code or go to mcvitiesbgt.co.uk to enter your details.
- Once you successfully complete your Registration by entering your full name, email address and smartphone number, you will receive an onscreen message confirming your entry into the prize draw for that period.
- Entrants may enter each separate draw up to 10 times but can only win one prize per draw.
- All entries must be received by the Promoter by no later than 23:59 on the closing date for that draw. All entries received after the closing date for that draw are automatically entered into the next draw – subject to the maximum entry of 10 entries per draw in total.
- All entries received after the campaign Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- Entry may only be made online on our web page using the method described in (b and c) above. Claims by any other means (for example postal claims) shall not be accepted except for no purchase necessary for Northern Ireland (see clause 7).
Till receipts must show purchase of promotional packs of a qualifying McVitie’s product and must pre-date the date/time that entry is made into each draw. The full list of qualifying product is as follows:
- McVitie’s Original Digestive Biscuits
- McVitie’s Chocolate Digestive Biscuits
- McVitie’s Hob Nobs
- McVitie’s Jaffa Cakes
- McVitie’s Penguin Biscuits
- McVitie’s Rich Tea Biscuits
- McVitie’s VIB Biscuits
- McVitie’s Fully Coated Biscuits
- No purchase necessary in Northern Ireland. For an additional and equal chance to win a prize without the need to make a purchase, send your name, postal address in NI and mobile number in an envelope to 7322 McVitie’s ‘Win BGT Live Shows’ NPN, PO Box 906, Chilton, Aylesbury, HP22 9HR to arrive by the Closing Date for the draw in which you wish to be entered. Late entries will be disqualified. One entry per envelope, per person, per day, and a maximum of ten entries per draw. The Promoter will not accept any NPN entry requests after 31/12/2022. Illegible entries will be disregarded. On receipt of an NPN request, an entry into the Promotion will be made on the NPN entrant’s behalf in that draw period and each entry will be given a fair and equal chance of winning. Winners only will be notified.
The Promoter will not accept:
- Responsibility for entries that are late, incorrect, illegible, incomplete, defaced, corrupt, lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, hardware or software failure of any kind or any other reason; or
- Proof of transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Prize Promotion.
- No third party or bulk entries. Entries via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these Terms and Conditions in full will be disqualified. If it becomes apparent that either an entrant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the Promoter using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase the entrant’s entries or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these entrants will be disqualified, and any prize entitlement will be void. Entrants are advised to take care when entering their details; the Promoter is not responsible for mistypes.
Prizes: There are three (3) Main Draws (Draw One, Draw Two, Draw Three) and a Mop-up Draw.
There are 115 prizes of pairs of tickets to attend Britain’s Got Talent Shows in total. Each prize includes £200 cash travel allowance and 1 night accommodation at a 3* hotel for 2 people in Central London. Dates and ticket allocation for prizes as below. The Winners cannot choose their ticket dates. Ticket dates will be allocated but cannot be confirmed until the prize is claimed. In addition, there are 330 x pairs of personalised BGT mugs to be won.
The tickets issued are subject to the following conditions and are applicable to both the Live Shows and Dress Rehearsals:
- As consideration for your admittance to the Studio you hereby consent to being filmed, photographed and recorded for the purposes of Britain’s Got Talent and you grant FremantleMedia Limited the right to use your voice and image in connection with the broadcast and exploitation of Britain’s Got Talent and all associated programs in all media throughout the world in perpetuity.
- Neither FremantleMedia Limited (or its associated companies) Syco Entertainment (or its associated companies) Applause Store Productions Limited (together the “Companies”) nor Eventim Apollo (The“Studio”) nor their employees or their associates shall be liable for the loss of or any damage to property brought on to the premises unless this is caused by the negligent act or omission or willful default of the Companies or any of their employees.
- Entry to the Studio is granted at the sole discretion of the Companies. The Companies and the Studio have the right to refuse admission to any person or to require the ticket holder to leave the premises in the event of failure to observe their conditions or for other unacceptable behaviour. The Companies have the right to cancel the programme and/or alter the times of commencement and/or completion of recording without notice to the ticket holder and without liability to the ticket holder in any respect.
- The ticket is complementary, is non-transferable, not for sale, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part
- No smoking, food or drink is allowed in the Studio. All mobile telephones and pagers must be switched off. The taking of photographs and the making of any form of visual and/or sound recording by the ticket holder is strictly forbidden.
- The ticket holder must comply with all security and the safety requests made by the Studios and/or the Companies and to follow strictly any directions given.
- WARNING: Strobe lighting, lasers and synthetic smoke may be used during the show.
- Note: There is limited disabled access to the Studio. The Promoter and Supplier must be notified of any access requirements as soon as possible
Day Date Location Number of Prize Winners
(Pairs of Tickets)
Semi-Final 1 Monday 30/05/2022 Apollo Hammersmith 10 Dress Rehearsal Semi-Final 2 Tuesday 31/05/2022 Apollo Hammersmith 3 Semi-Final 2 Tuesday 31/05/2022 Apollo Hammersmith 10 Dress Rehearsal Semi-Final 3 Wednesday 01/06/2022 Apollo Hammersmith 3 Semi-Final 3 Wednesday 01/06/2022 Apollo Hammersmith 10 Dress Rehearsal Semi-Final 4 Thursday 02/06/2022 Apollo Hammersmith 3 Semi-Final 4 Thursday 02/06/2022 Apollo Hammersmith 20 Dress Rehearsal Semi-Final 5 Friday 03/06/2022 Apollo Hammersmith 3 Semi-Final 5 Friday 03/06/2022 Apollo Hammersmith 15 Dress Rehearsal FINAL Sunday 05/06/2022 Apollo Hammersmith 3 FINAL Sunday 05/06/2022 Apollo Hammersmith 35
America’s Got Talent Prize
1 pair of tickets to the Season 17 America’s Got Talent Final Performance day and Final Results day in Los Angeles. Prize includes:
- The prize includes: 2 return economy flights from London to LA, airport-hotel-airport private transfers, 7 nights in a 4* hotel and taxes, plus £5,000 travel and spending money.
- Flights may require one stop on-route.
- Specified accommodation is subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered dependent on availability.
- Winners may be asked for a debit/credit card on check in at their hotel to cover any extras so must be able to provide one and cover these costs.
- The prize package must be taken as a whole, flights and hotels cannot be redeemed separately. The winner and their guest must travel together on the same flight to the prize destination and stay in the same hotel.
- Not included: tips and gratuities or meals or any other expenses other than those specified.
- Travel insurance is not included but is a pre-requisite for winners to travel. Winners are responsible for their own travel insurance, any entry visas required (ESTA) and having up to date passports with the correct validity and meeting entry requirements for the USA. The booking agent and the Promoter will not be responsible for any problems arising if these requirements are not met.
- All members in the party must provide photocopies of their passports to the booking agent to ensure names are spelt correctly and that their passports are valid.
- Winners must comply with the US regulations with regards to stipulations involving Covid-19. Winners will be asked to prove they have received their full COVID vaccination to be admitted into the theatre to watch the show.
- Persons attending America’s Got Talent need to be 8 years of age or above. Persons under 18 years of age need to be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over.
- Please note that the dates and times of the America’s Got Talent show’s recording are subject to change, and the Promoter will communicate any new dates and times to the winner as soon as possible
- There is no cash alternative.
- Once booked there can be no changes to the names of those travelling nor changes to departure dates.
20 x pairs of personalised BGT and McVitie’s mugs
- Maximum one prize per household per draw.
- Winner Selection: Winners will be selected at random within 7 days of the closing date per draw period via an automated computerised program under the supervision of an independent adjudicator from all valid entries received.
Winner Notification: The winners will be notified that they have won within 7 days of the draw date via a text message to the mobile number they entered on registration. The text message will contain a unique claim link. They will be required to provide their full name, date of birth and postal address (including postcode) and proof of purchase to claim their prize. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winners. If a winner does not respond within 7 days of the first contact, a replacement winner will be selected.
Winners of a mug will be asked for their choice of name for each mug. Personalisation is limited to 9 (nine) characters and attempts to insert wording that is in any way profane or deemed inappropriate are strictly forbidden. At its discretion, the Promoter strictly reserves the right to reject the use of language it considers to be unsuitable, inappropriate, obscene, derogatory towards others, or derogatory towards Fremantle, McVitie’s, the Promoter or the Promoter’s other brands. Where the Promoter deems it necessary, such submissions may be reported to the relevant branch of the police.
- Purchase necessary. Please retain your original itemised till receipt for each entry as this will be required to validate a winning claim.
- Receipts must be dated within the Promotional Period for the prize draw that is being awarded.
- Prize Delivery: Due to Prizes of tickets being time-sensitive, booking will be organised with the winners within 7 days after prize is successfully claimed. Mug prizes will take up to 28 days for delivery from date of order.
- Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter may be prevented from providing some or all of the Prize elements due to unforeseen circumstances (such as COVID-19 restrictions preventing the filming of the Britain’s Got Talent television programme in front of an audience). In such circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute or cancel some or all of the Prize and neither the Promoter nor the Companies accept responsibility in these circumstances.
- Please note that the dates and times of the Britain’s Got Talent show’s recording are subject to change, and the Promoter will communicate any new dates and times to the winner as soon as possible.
- Persons attending Britain’s Got Talent need to be 14 years of age or above. Persons under 18 years of age need to be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over.
- Neither FremantleMedia Limited (“Fremantle”), Simco Limted (“Syco”) nor ITV plc (“ITV”) (together the “Companies”) are responsible for the administration of this promotion.
- By accepting these T&Cs, the winner, and their guest consent to being filmed, photographed and recorded for the purposes of Britain’s Got Talent and grant FremantleMedia Limited the right to use their voice and image in connection with the broadcast and exploitation of Britain’s Got Talent and all associated programmes in all media throughout the world in perpetuity.
- Fremantle, Syco or ITV and their associated agencies and companies accept no liability for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence)
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend or withdraw the Promotion if deemed necessary due to circumstances outside of its reasonable control.
- The Promoter’s decision is final on all matters relating to the Promotion.
- If the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing that an entrant has contravened the Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative Winner.
- The Winners’ surnames and counties can be requested, by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to 7322 McVitie’s BGT Live Winners List, PO Box 906, Chilton, Aylesbury, HP22 9HR and will be available for a period of 4 weeks from 31/01/2023.
- By entering this Promotion, each entrant acknowledges that if he or she is a Winner, his or her surname and county may be disclosed to persons enquiring, where permitted by law. Any entrant may object to their information being made available in this way or may request that the amount of information made available be reduced, by contacting the Promoter. In these circumstances the entrant acknowledges that the Promoter may nevertheless disclose such information in full to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so.
- Entrants must enter the Promotion using their legal name. The Promoter will verify the eligibility of prize winners. The Promoter will require such information that it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a Prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
- Where a Winner has been found to be in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions and in particular where a person is in breach of the entry restrictions, the Promoter may nevertheless still enforce its right to disqualify that person and require the return or reimbursement to the Promoter of any Prize even where a prize has been awarded and/or actually provided to the entrant or Winner in question.
- The Promoter makes no representation or warranty in relation to any Prize provided. Except as specifically set out herein and to the maximum extent permitted by law, all conditions, warranties and representations expressed or implied by law are hereby excluded. To the fullest extent permitted by law, we hereby exclude and shall not have any liability to any entrant or Winner in connection with or arising out of this Promotion howsoever caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited prizes, damages and other liabilities, provided that nothing herein shall operate so as to limit or exclude our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or liability for fraudulent misrepresentation. For the avoidance of doubt, this paragraph shall also apply in respect of any prize provided by a third-party provider.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- Winners may be requested to participate in reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion with no further compensation.
- This Promotion is governed by English Law and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.